Kidzpoint differs from traditional occupational therapy clinics. At kidzpoint, Karen and her husband, Kevin, created a unique model that blends theory and treatment from the best practices in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Occupational Therapy, and Children’s Yoga, breath, and Mindfulness. From this unique lens we are able to dive deeper to understand why a child may be struggling to pay attention, follow directions, navigate a developmentally appropriate motor activity, or even participate in a family meal or play with friends with ease. At Kidzpoint, we search to determine and address a wider myriad of reasons that may be getting in the way such as:
• GI issues
• Sensory processing
• Primitive reflex and neuro~sensory development
• Visual skills
• Diet & food sensitivities
• Weakened immune system
Chinese medicine works synergistically with OT to foster the inner strength of the child, improve body awareness, and to develop and harmonize the body and brain systems.
Children are curious and marveled as they learn about the ‘waves of healing and strengthening energy’ that are in their bodies. By exploring the myriad of tools to stimulate the flow of Qi along the meridians they are getting opportunities to touch, see, and learn. Outside of working to strengthen an immune system, health and treat pain, Traditional Chinese Medicine has strong roots in helping to address challenges that are seen in children with ADHD, ASD, learning delays, and sensory processing. We have found TCM & OT to be a beautiful compliments that are received well by both our children and their parents.
Parent & child education is a strong part of our practice ~ Education helps us all to understated why a child may do, behave or react in the manner they do. Thru understanding why, we are more equipped to come from a place of compassion to help them learn new ways, to grow and thrive from the inside out.
• Master’s Occupational Therapy ~ Samuel Merritt College ~ 2001 • Kinesiology: Exercise Science & Fitness ~ San Francisco State University ~ 1998
• SIPT Certified • Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training: Level 1, (developmental movements and reflexes for ADHD, ASD...) 2 (Limbic system for emotions), 3 (Dyslexia, Reading, Writing, 4 (Diet: ASD & ADHD, 5 (Pre K and K) • Bal A Vis X • Eyesight to Insight • Pivotal Response Training: Level 1 • DIR Floortime trainings • Liscenced Massage Therapist
MOTR/L, SIPT Cert.
- Early Intervention
- Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration (MNRI)
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Sensory Integration (SI)
- Therapeutic Listening
• Traditional Chinese Medicine • Herbology • Neuro Sensory Development • Posture, Breath, and Core Development • Yoga, Breath, Mindfulness
- Occupational Therapy
- Babies / Toddlers (0 to 3)
- Preschoolers (4 to 6)
- Children (6 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 18)
- Private pay